Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-07, 18:44   Link #1919
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Is the bundled actually considered a singular game as the Umineko releases were? when I read it I got the impression it was basically a folder with the 4 separate eps
I have the disc version of Higurashi Kai and all four chapters are combined just like with the original Japanese release. Dunno if it's the same for the download version, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
If anything, the best anime from the last 3-5 years (Madoka Magica, Mirai Nikki, etc) have all used the "central" mechanic that this series started with. Mind you, it's a very risky storytelling mechanic, so it rarely ever works out, but the inspiration is pretty apparent once you've watched Higurashi.

Other series have tried very hard to duplicate that which makes Higurashi so special (including Ookamikakushi, Shi-Ki, and Another), but they are all tepid imitations. Unless your only interest in Season 1 was the violence and the mind-fucks, then odds are high that you'll enjoy Season 2 (Seasons 3-4 are a toss-up).
What I'm about to write might seem a bit weird coming from a fellow Ryukishi07 fan, but Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was nowhere near as innovative as you make it out to be.

Spoiler for Higurashi: