View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 04:07   Link #194
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Now the last few episodes of the show: constantly jumping between different expositions and fights. When Rider charges for Gil it cuts to Saber talking. When Berserker is charging for Saber it cuts to Gil talking while Rider is still running towards him. Same for the figths in 24. Extended episodes will not make it any better to me! Shonen fightan, etc.

Here's my simple suggestion: WHY NOT make the last 3 episodes happen at the same time? Have one episode for all the buildup and fighting of Rider and Gil, then all the buildup and fightan for Saber and Lancelot and all the buildup and fighting for Kirei and Kotomine. End them all at the same spot with the Grail - revealing only seconds more of the scene every week.

This is what the TV format is good for! It's easy to do and you only need to give the viewer a clue that it's happening at the same time as the last episode - you don't need to have a stupid rewind effect like in Shiki. It may be annoying for the "story" to be stuck at the same point in time for 3 weeks but it would not be Endless 8 and each week we would be presented with "complete" events rather than a Soap where after 10 episodes they are still pouring that same fucking tea (which is what ufotable is doing in my opinion).

I've been saying it for the last 16 or so episodes: the pacing sucks, ufotable failed at planning this show for the TV format. The show is just not good.
That's a preferential difference. I don't want to watch ten or more minutes of fighting. Direction-wise, episodes seven and eight were amongst my favorites, since switching between the Kiritsugu vs Kayneth, Saber vs Caster, and Iri vs Kotomine fights, kept the content fresh. Focusing on one fight for an entire episode, as you're suggesting, would have been absolutely terrible.

Also, if the vast majority of anime were nearly as good as Fate/Zero, I'd probably watch far more anime on a regular basis. Fate/Zero avoids a lot of the pitfalls, cliches, and fetish pandering that has scared me away from the medium.
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote