Thread: Proposal A few suggestions
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-14, 21:10   Link #3
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Thank you very much for your suggestions, but I'm just not sure if some of these are possible, let alone beneficial (which is always debatable).

1. I think the best way to have that sort of Private Post is through a Social Group (where you can restrict who is given membership). Having posts within a public thread that some people can see and others can't seems rather problematic. (When someone who sees it responds, will that post be visible or not...?) I think Social Groups are a better solution for semi-private conversations.
On that note it could be interesting to have private subforums for the really, really big groups.
Quote:
Keep in mind that we don't write the Forum software, and there are no paid staff on this site who could work on programming or whatever else. (Anything that does get done is in the staff's spare time.) So while it might be neat to have all sorts of advanced functionality, I'm not sure that it's very realistic given the resources at our disposal.
I'm surprised that there's no unpaid programming staff. I'm sure you could find some individuals who would willingly improve the site or people who already have experience with vbBoard and are willing to help the site.

One thing that's bothered me since I came to Asuki is how there are a lot of general anime subforums that could just as easily fit into general discussion, but aren't present. I've seen a lot of non-anime threads in the anime music discussion subforum simply because there's not a regular one. Is this something that existed once but didn't work out well enough or?