View Single Post
Old 2009-02-20, 03:18   Link #939
SnackPacs
As Expected of 2chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Fandom ruins everything that would otherwise be good and pure. It's a fact.
You know, I have a pretty good example... The fandom of fangirls behind Death Note when it was primarily in manga form, with their doujins and fanfiction.

This led many I knew, including myself and close friends, to believe it was some melodrama BL crap.

And boy was it the exact opposite. And when I look at the stuff like that, all I can think is, "Most of these people had no reason beyond the two male leads looking 'pretty' to them to pair them up." Fandom is fine but... I think this is the one series I look back on and say, "the fans honestly did harm to their beloved series" at times...

Within the main plot, sure it was implied that were it not for the whole Kira thing, they could have ended up being friends and yet... That's the entire freaking focus, the Kira case.

Haruhi fandom isn't as bad as that I think... It's just got a massive devotion, not one that skews its actual content. Just LOTS and LOTS of immense praise, albeit some overdramatic.

TMoHS is a great dramedy series (emphasis on the edy part) but kinda... gets portrayed unfairly in both bad light (I.E. meaningless hate [that... a lot of above decent series get these days]) and good light (I.E. exuberant praise).