View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 11:24   Link #30200
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
At any rate it seems to me your arguments are similar to those who try to argue that work A is a rip off of work B pointing all the similarities, and omitting to mention all the differences.

There are a lot of things that do not match between what we know about Ikuko and what we know about Yasu, and you need to call them lies to make your theory work. But between Tohya and Battler, their stories are completely compatible.
I pretty much agree with this. I don't really see what the use of the Yasu=Ikuko theory is or why we should complicated the already complicated Umineko by overthinking its every detail that much.

It's just as you say, people only use any vague similarities they might have, some of which are only things we can infer or even cook up by stretching certain bits. I could accept it if there was any substancial hint within the narrative, but it just seems like a pointless theory in the first place.

Quote:
But I think there is a very big problem in your whole theory. Why would Ikuko call him Tohya rather than Battler? Kinzo called Beatrice's daughter like her mother, I think that's really the least you would expect from someone who wants to think a person as another one.

It's as if she helped him in creating a different personality for himself.
I think that personality had already been created and crystalized before he started remembering anything, so it was probably him who didn't want to be called Battler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
I know this is off topic but about Tohya's hair color I don't think it caused by that being his real hair color or anything I think his hair just turned white naturally. I mean Tohya is probably 50-60 years old because he would've been 30 in 1998 and the game says decades later so he could be around that age thus why his hair has already whitened. Not to mention stress and the like.
Or we can go Sweeney Todd about this and say his hair went white from the unimaginable things he witnessed in Rokenjima that day.

It's tough to be blue...

Last edited by Captain Bluebeard; 2012-08-27 at 11:42.
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote