View Single Post
Old 2003-11-06, 22:42   Link #20
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
Hmm, I think this could be a good service. I'm not sure about posting all the scripts online for everyone to see. Say group x want to sub anime y, which is not being subbed by anyone, if the scripts were posted ANYONE could come along and sub anime y. Making scripts public for popular shows might work though.

Also, you need to get a strong editor, or give the groups options to contact yours trans. In every script I've worked on I've needed to contact the trans, at least over a few minor issues. No translator is perfect, especailly when going from quickly spoke Japanese in anime, which means it can get very hard for us editor when transfering that into a lanuage just as complicated, writen modern English :P
the way it will work is simple, I'll share my scripts in exchange, for theirs, in others words if I provide my translations for say saint beast then I would expect someone to share their translations for narutaru. I'am going to build a public archive with translations. My translator is japanese and probably one the best translator most of these fansubbing groups will ever meet. I'am sure of my work and thats it. I have all the translations reviewed by my editor whom is also fluent in japanese, so the translations are practically error proof.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote