View Single Post
Old 2008-02-19, 22:34   Link #208
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Sorry if someone has already stated this but I have a great pain with what's going on in this election.

It's the whole bandwagon that we call Obama. Everyday I see people say "I hate Hilarly Clinton, I'm voting for Obama." Then I ask them if they even know what Obama and Hilary stands for, then they're left speechless. Seriously wtf? I can understand disliking someone's policies if you know about them, but outright voting for someone because he speaks well and is a young guy is total crap. I'm not this extreme, but I would almost consider rooting for Mccain if Obama wins the preliminaries. I think the stupidest comment I see said is that Hilarly is way too left when Obama is even more left....

Now not trying to be racist or anything, but why the hell are like 90%+ of blacks voting for freaking Obama? Is this not voter bias because of race? A prime example of this is Oprah. She says she's not going to vote for Hilarly just because she's a woman, but uh.. is she not voting for Obama just because he's black? People could argue that the votes are just as skewed with woman voting for Hilarly, but if you look at stats, this is certainly not the case. I did expect women to do this, but apparently they're not being as short-sighted as other fellow Americans.

The way its been looking lately, Obama is going to win the Presidency out of reasons that are totally unpolitical.

Is it too much to ask for people to learn about who they are voting for ?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote