View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 05:00   Link #217
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I don't trust Obama. How can a political outsider claim to be able to change Washington? You don't change Washington; Washington changes you. The idea that someone without connections can persuade Congress to pass controversial bills seems incredibly naive to me.

But Hillary Clinton suffers from her own problems of credibility as well, so I can understand why voters would distrust her. It irks me however to see that Americans think they should leave Iraq as soon as possible. That strikes me as being very irresponsible. The US created the current problems in Iraq. You own the problem, and you can't leave until stability is restored.

Obama is not giving himself any leeway on this issue, by claiming support for withdrawing American troops. In my opinion, voters who support him for this reason are going to be in for early disappointment.

As for other issues of US domestic policies, especially your healthcare system, I can't really comment, since I have no vested interests in those issues. As for the economy, I'm not sure what US presidents can actually do to affect the economy. In fact, it's probably best they don't interefere at all. But that doesn't stop them from taking credit when the economy is doing well.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote