View Single Post
Old 2008-04-29, 08:53   Link #137
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psme View Post
I don't think so. In the Galaxy Network CD 1 and 2, there are quite a few bands and different male/female singers. Each CD has around 12 songs I think and only around 3 songs belong to Fire Bomber. I maybe wrong though if my memory is bad!

regards,

Li On

I'm talking about in the anime. Whatever shows up on a CD that mimics a radio station broadcast is not a part of my consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You said 13-15 year olds was the target base... that would be in the Teen section which has a 0.3%... and you said something about the time it was on... To Love Ru is has 3.2% share in that market so don't use the time slot as an excuse.. The M2 fanbase is probably old fans from prior series.. that's why To Love Ru is low in that area while another old series (manga) in Golgo is kinda high in that one.
For the demographics, that is the target but obviously they aren't hitting it with that time slot they got. The poor show is getting screwed. No teen is going to watch TV Fridays at 2 AM on a school day unless it's Tivo and with Pizza Hut coming on board hopefully it will increase awareness. If anything, Macross F should be compared to Code Geass R2 which is aired in a time that teens could watch on Sundays at 5 PM and is a mecha title also that targets teens. That show has better ratings breakdown and a higher score depending on which the region sampled. Macross F is also targeting females which is something in its favor.

I believe that they don't have school on Saturdays so that might account for a greater teen presence in Golgo 13 Saturdays 1 AM but that title has fanservice and is a revered property in Japan that should appeal to a wider male population. To Love RU is an otaku title with fanservice I believe that airs Fridays at 1:55 AM on a school day. So there you have it the power of otaku and fanservice on school day ratings.

Again, since there is a female segment, Ranka is prob going to receive the sympathy since Ranka x Alto is the perceived budding couple at the onset with Sheryl being the wrench.

-----

So Brera is a male with an obvious female design and a similar necklace to Alto. Hmmm... I wonder if he's an onnagata too. Oh well, I have to wait to find out because this is the Ranka thread dedicated to cheering on our fav babe and not getting derailed in unnecessary discussions.

We may have to sing the Nyan Nyan song with liberal sprinkling of holy Macross oil to purify this thread.

Last edited by orion; 2008-04-29 at 10:23.