View Single Post
Old 2011-12-25, 01:27   Link #117
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
On some level I can't help but think you're thinking way to hard about this and that really the second half isn't going to be all that much less underwhelming on the exposition side. A part of me thinks that if they were capable of tying things together they would have started doing it by now and that what we get as an explanation for most things from here on out will leave more than a little to be desired.

My stance is I'll speculate more about where the showing is going if and when it actually starts to go places for a few episodes in a row.

I think they've been holding back because they want the "big twists" about the main characters to have some huge impact. Too bad they did a bad job hiding that fact that a big revelation and twist is supposed to happen.

Shu's importance in the big picture has both been downplayed and overplayed.

I think this series has a similar pacing to Darker than Black. It took a while for the main plot elements to make themselves clear in that one. DtB just had a different ambiance to this and wasn't as melodramatic.

I still like this series. I want to keep on watching to see what happens next, what the hell is really going on.

As for the nature of Gai. Yoshino has written characters that are older than they look... particularly CC and VV. Crazy parents was a theme of Code Geass, too.

Gai sort of reminds me of CC. He's mature for his appearance and seems to hide many secrets. He also seems to share a history with the current main antagonist... Shuichiro.

Shuichiro is sort of acting like Charles. Charles had Ragnarok, Shuichiro has Mana and the River of Lamentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No way Gai's going to die. Someone's prob got the smelling salts ready for Hare.

Shu: Hare, wake up!
Hare: Shu....
Shu: Sorry to do this, Hare. Good night again! *Whips out her Void. Hare passes out again.*

Blond guy should be killed for ruining a touching Shu x Inori reunion scene.

Gai has been dosing himself with Inori's blood. Inori has super powers and a super healing factor. Some of her resilience has sort of rubbed off on Gai as he's shown extremely high agility, strength, endurance, and hand-eye coordination. He also survived the Leukocyte space laser with very few scratches.

The nature of the apocalypse virus also seems to speed up cell regeneration...

Hare's void genome is also particularly convenient. . .

His survival is highly possible.