View Single Post
Old 2007-03-14, 20:56   Link #66
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Part of the problem is that the times listed at Mahou didn't match up with the ratings data. Mahou reports Bartender running on Sundays at 1:45 am, but in the ratings data it appears at 26:25 on Saturday. It wasn't obvious to me what a time like 26:25 on Saturday means; is it 2:25 am on Saturday, or 2:25 am on Sunday? In either case, it wasn't listed at 25:45 which I presume is what 1:45 am would translate to in this (somewhat-wacky) time scheme.
26:25 on Saturday would be equivalent to 2:25am on Sunday early morning. It's somewhat logical from an end-user perspective, though unusual to us. The misalignment of times was because the first episode of Bartender aired 40-minutes later than its usual 1:45am timeslot. Somehow that stuck on the ratings report, even though it wasn't the usual airing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
According to Mahou, Saiunkoku Monogatari aired on Saturday mornings at 9:00 am (!) on NHK/BS2 beginning on April 8, 2006. Only one show is listed in that time slot in the ratings data, one that translates to "Super star fleet [seiza] X" according to Google, which was shown on channel "TX" and had ratings for weeks prior to 4/8/06. There are other entries for NHK shows, with the code "NHK," but not one for SaiMono, I guess.
Yeah, probably because (as has been mentioned) they don't tend to gather ratings for Broadcast Satellite stations. Since they're basically Pay TV channels, you'd expect the ratings to be low in terms of overall percentage, even if they're good for the particular network.

Really, as has been said, TV ratings are really quite inconsequential as a measure of overall anime series popularity for most shows.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote