View Single Post
Old 2008-05-31, 00:48   Link #636
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I've watched the scene several times, and I still can't see how that works.
It's how my eyes saw it.

And yes, that was without me knowing about an "Elizabeth III theory," whatever that was. In fact, I didn't know there was a fan controversy around it either. I just saw the episode and thought that was it. Didn't think much into it myself.

You brought up a good point though; I have to remind myself that the Japanese have their own way of butchering English pronunciation, and Madame le Fay could be saying her name the Engrish way for all I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper88
Honestly, I don't think it's Elizabeth, because that would just seem kind of drab.
Eh, I disagree. Elizabeth is a cool name, also conducive to all sorts of pretty nicknames (Liz, Lizzie, Eliza, Elise, etc.). It's regal enough too; I mean, there are queens of that name in the world...

^is obviously a fan of Pride and Prejudice, which stars the best Elizabeth ever.

Honestly though, you guys don't need to worry much about my opinion. It's not like I'm setting it in stone or anything, and she could be named Jeanne-Antoinette Marie, Duchesse d'Anjou or something like that for all I know.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote