View Single Post
Old 2008-05-31, 10:25   Link #638
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
You're right to say that Morgan le Faye is, more often than not, portrayed as an antagonist. However, I think it's important to look at who she's constantly acting as a foil to: King Arthur. I realize Charles does not, by any means, constitute what a King Arthur persona would be, but he is the man in power, the king. If you looked at Morgan le Faye as a person who wants to bring down the king, this persona is easily applicable to C.C. -- if and only if that is her true goal, however that portion of the story is so convoluted and unexplained that something like that is pure conjecture.

As for the Green Knight...he's much harder to interpret. He challenges Arthur initially, but doesn't lash out at him in anger or hate. The Green Knight stands as a challenge to Arthur and his knights, but not a true enemy.

With that in mind, the fact that the Green Knight is a creation of Morgan le Faye brings her motives into question. Does she want to destroy Arthur or does she simply want to dethrone Arthur? If it is merely the latter, she is very easily applicable to C.C. Not only that, but it makes one wonder, "Is Morgan le Faye evil?" Well, the supporters of Arthur would think so, but if you were on the short end of the stick, well, you see my point.

I mean, besides the show's title, which seems to emphasize an importance on the Geass, you're right, not everything involves the Geass. However, you have to wonder what the significance is that Lelouch and Charles are both wielders of the Geass. Additionally, both Charles and Lelouch have V.V. and C.C., respectively. It could easily be construed that perhaps V.V. and C.C. are manipulating Lelouch and Charles to go against one another. If you looked at it from that perspective, it would seem that C.C. and V.V. would both be having a heavy hand in what's going on in the Code Geass universe, especially since they've been around for an unknown number of years. Who knows what kind of hand they've had in creating the modern world of Area 11?

That's just it. C.C. has been around for a long, long time and she has the ability to grant a normal person an unmeasurable amount of power. When she gives someone the Geass, at what point does her hands become free of guilt? At what point does that Geass user's actions become his and his alone? Look at it this way, a thug on the street shoots an innocent woman. Do you solely blame the man who shot the woman or do you blame the thug AND the person who sold him the gun illegally? Of course, they are both to blame, but wouldn't eliminating the seller have a bigger impact? Look at the Geass as a gun and ask yourself when it is that you disconnect the Geass power with C.C. and start putting the blame squarely on its user.

That's enough of that for now, I feel like I'm rambling.

You're right, I don't care for you. Perhaps part of the reason for that is because you don't "bother posting [your] entire thoughts on a matter". Why do you bother posting if you're not going to form a complete and cohesive thought? That's just asinine, man. I have to ask, but in life, do you often speak without completing a full thought? And, if so, do you often get people ignoring you and/or looking at you as if to say, "What are you talking about?"

Bottom line: You need to think before you post and take other people's thoughts into consideration.

Listen, if you're 18 years old then the public school system failed you.
I certainly agree that Charles is not anything like Arthur. He's more of the opposite really. Yet, I haven't seen all that much to suggest that C.C. personally wants to take him down. I've seen a few hints that this is what Marianne may want for her son though, which sort of makes her look rather cruel and manipulative for putting all this on her son. C.C.'s involvement with the American rebellion seems to suggest she wasn't thinking of dethroning anyone, much less Britannia which did not exist at that point. I suppose the fact that she appears to have been involved in rebellions and wars does suggest something though.

From the outline of the story, I'd agree that it's hard to read him. Despite that him causing all the perils that befell Gawain as making him appear to be more sinister than anything else, one has to wonder why he did all that. The entire thing seemed like a test I guess. Of course, if a lot of what happened to Lelouch was simply C.C. testing him, then things would not likely end on a good note with them.

Why dethrone Charles though if that were the goal? What does she possibly gain out of it? If C.C. was someone like Morgan, it's also possible that the legends and history regarding whoever she was were not all that accurate.

I suppose one very well could consider that true, though I'm still not entirely convinced that the whole point of this is that those two are working against one another. Most of Charles' actions do appear to be centered around the Geass and the whole plan he and V.V. have, but I'd think that Charles must get something out of all this. I suppose you could say becoming the leader of a country and coming to take control of 1/3 of the world and more would be his reward though. Of course, being simply a manipulator doesn't make C.C. look very good from any perpective.

I'm also not convinced that C.C. and V.V. have been around for the same amount of time. This is just a feeling, but I think C.C. has actually been around for a lot longer. V.V. is certainly her enemy in R2, but I don't quite think that her wish has that much to do with V.V.'s plan. Also, back in season 1 C.C. didn't seem to regard V.V. as an enemy all that much. She seemed to regard him as an annoyance at best, but not like now. V.V. had never done anything to directly interfere with Lelouch and C.C. and thus make himself an enemy until the finale of season 1. Of course, since those ruins activating in 19 are the main cause for Lelouch's Geass going permanent, I suppose one could say V.V. was interefering there as well. I'm not sure if C.C. was aware entirely of what had happened, though her reaction in 22 does suggest she was expecting the Geass to go permanent yet not that soon.

I suppose the main problem with C.C. at the moment is that she is keeping a lot from Lelouch and that makes her very questionable in her motives since actually telling Lelouch more could in fact help him quite a lot in what he has to do. I suppose the fact that C.C. is starting to be a little more forthcoming is a good sign, but she still is keeping a lot from him. I was a little surprised when Lelouch wasn't at all angry that she had kept the info on V.V. from him when it was clear she had known for a while.

That is a rather hard question to answer and mainly depends on one's own viewpoint. One could argue that all C.C. does is give the power, but that she has no control over what that person does with that power. For instance, all the people Mao killed as well as him going insane could be blamed partly on her since she gave him the Geass and such. Yet C.C. did attempt to avoid Mao becoming the way he became. She simplt failed in that regard though. With Mao, I certainly don't think she is not to blame because she is. I just don't put the blame squarely on her. Mao is somewhat responsible for his own actions even in his state of mind as is Lelouch.

I don't do this with all my posts. And no I do not speak without completing a thought. That would be a rather idiotic thing to do. No, I don't often have people ignore me or look at me in the way you described either.

How did it fail me?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote