Thread: Headphones..
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-14, 16:36   Link #74
Jaden

What Creb's saying is likely good advice on a music board.

Then again, if you are a gamer, there's no point in getting audiophile gear. The sound in games is mostly low bitrate stuff and doesn't use that many channels.
So is the music most people listen to, btw.

The highest tier headphones reproduce everything faithfully, right? So what is garbage going in, is garbage coming out. Cheaper sets have toning effects that mask the lower quality of the sound, so 160kbps will sound just as good as FLACC.

I've been running with Steelseries Siberia V2 for 5 months of heavy use now, yet to have any complaints.

As a 21st century digital boy that's always been listening to mp3 players and terrible stereos, I'm a terrible judge of sound quality, so all I can say is that nothing hurts my ears.
The design with a headband + support beams is comfortable, durable and looks cool.

Mic is very good for communication, it cancels the noise from the environment well. It also slides nicely into the left earbud when not needed.

The set comes with a 1m cable with a 2m extension. The plastic cover is no substitute for braiding, and the cables seem suspect to damage from bending and tangling. At this point it's fine, but I feel like the way this headset will eventually break is from pulling and bending the cables too much.