View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 15:28   Link #38
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... So, let's put it like this:

Quote:
The other theory I have is that he can nulify any effect created by any ability, be it magical or psychic. Like fire and electricity, acceleration is just another effect created by an ability so acceleration is negated and the accelerated object is stoped and returned to the state it was before the ability affected it.
In other words, even if Touma can't stop a physicial attack, he can stop physical attacks created by an ability.
A pebble is being thrown at Touma's head without using any ability, just the normal physics laws of thrown projectiles. Touma stops it with his right hand (but didn't manage to catch it) ant the next thing we know of would be; Touma says "ouch." Because the pebble wasn't powered by any means of ability (be it magic or psychic) to be thrown at him, he gets affected by it.

Compare:

Misaka fires a railgun using a coin as a projectile at Touma. Touma's right hand goes up to attempt to block the projectile, and as soon as the projectile touches Touma his right hand instantly reduces the velocity of the coin to zero and thus preventing damage to Touma himself. Velocity reduction of the coin to zero was caused by it being launched towards him with an ability (Misaka's Railgun ability in this case).

OR:

The stone golem courtesy of Sherry Cromwell hurls a fist at Touma. Touma's right hand goes up to attempt to block the attack, and as soon as the golem's and Touma's hands make contact, the force of the golem's fist is instantly reduced to zero because the Golem itself was made of magic. And further goes the case of the Golem being possibly disintegrated into pebbles because of the magic used to bind its body parts together to form itself is being cancelled.

Would that be acceptable examples of cases?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote