View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 00:13   Link #99
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now that's an interesting statement Lets use 2011 as a sample since it's the most recent complete year, by my count there are 24 harem shows (or shows with harem elements in them).... If I missed out one let me know, after all I don't watch everything...

Spoiler for list:
Heh... looks like I'm still mostly in 2009/2010 in terms of anime, with a few from 11

Anyways, here's my version of that list... and I'm going to add in some criteria for what qualifies as a strong male lead (keep in mind this could degenerate, since my criteria may be different from others):

First off, the ideals of leads: Tenchi, Tsukune (Rosario + Vampire manga, the anime is pure FAIL), Touma* (ToAru), Sai Akuto (Daimou)... and I'm not sure whether or not to include Ayumu (Zombie desu ka), because of the fact that he is kinda forced to crossdress...

The criteria they pretty much fit:

-Although they tend to upset their girls, they generally don't just take the infamous punishment, but actually attempt to defend themselves/fight back
-Actually respond to the girls' feelings
*Touma is the only possible exception to this- he's definitely one of the most dense leads out there, but I think Mikoto is slowly getting to him (in the novels, at least)
-If shit starts to hit the fan, they are able to hold their own in a fight and not rely on the girls... and can protect the girls if need be
-Have their power through most of the series, and actively use it... not just gain and use it near the end of the series
-Aren't overshadowed by the girls for majority of the show

... there's probably more, but these are the ones off the top of my head. Note too that most of the harem stuff that I watch has at least an action plot in there somewhere as well

So here's my list for the past several years, and note that quite of bit of recent anime is missing, because even I haven't seen every single out out there:

Spoiler for BIG list:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote