View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 23:04   Link #10
wontaek

Credibility issue of Best moe started even earlier in 2011 as the whole rollback thing was made possible by staff's distaste for certain anime series with large fanbase. I would argue that rollback itself is not a bad decision, because when you have secured enough evidence of fraudulent voting that has severely influenced result, is forging ahead with such tainted result the best course of action? In real life, they do overturn elections and make people vote again even though amount of cheating wasn't enough to change the outcome. In Best Moe case, amount of multivotes that got through was more than enough to overturn multiple matches of high significance. The Best Moe Staff had new means to fight the multivote. Implementing it would have changed the voter pool in a way, thus rollback was done along with implementing of newer protocol which involved registration. In 2011, all effort to get the voters registered was done, with English Voter Registration page being available. The trouble is, in 2012, that English voter registration page and voter outreach program was disbanded, thus I was effectively fired from my KBM staff position. While Saimoe problem is more of xenophobia, Best Moe's problem is more of website insider vs outsider confrontation.

Last edited by monir; 2012-11-04 at 00:46.