View Single Post
Old 2013-06-03, 08:50   Link #31
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I created a thread for NT Volume 7 because pretty much everyone agrees that we at least need that. I see a few different options on the table for the prior volumes, and I'll wait a bit more to see what shakes out.
So... as we get more of NT: I think it might be important to have individual volume threads for the Volumes which have the most plot relevance later on. For example, the events of Volume 14/15, Volume 19/ (20?), Volume 22, Volume 5/6/7 of NT are all really important. There were other important volumes in there are well, but I feel like all of these volumes have specific events that can bring up a lot of debatable confusing questions that can affect later plot. I feel like those volumes at least should have their own threads. NT 7 likewise because it has a lot of new information as well. Also maybe threads for volumes which had some important events that were different/not portrayed clearly enough in the anime.

I feel like we should have a new thread for the Hot Springs Light novel SS when it does come out. (I don't remember if it was out after NT started, but it came out sometime in 2011 because of the Earthquake), but since it hasn't even been translated yet by JS06 (because it is hard to get a copy off apparently or relatively unknown), when it is translated, we should probably have a separate thread for that because no one really knows that much of its specifics except the summary I added that was just recently translated by JS06.

Otherwise: I think NT and OT should be separate. The dynamic is very different in both. The main villains are very different in both. The world landscape is very different in both. I also think that WWIII should have its own thread. The first part of NT could have its own thread. Pre-WWIII could have a thread. Whether people would want to make it more specific could be up to them; however, I feel like the more specific we get with threads, the more constructive discussions we could actually have. If the novels ever do actually come out in English that would be a good time to talk about the official translations on those threads, right? (we wouldn't have them on BT anymore... well at least OT. NT would be safe) They are treating FMP and FMP another as separate afterall.

The structure of Index is very complicated, but it's genius. It's tough to optimize the structure.

One other issue I have I mentioned in another thread when I was asking for a new thread:

when Index III comes out, we should probably have separate discussions for the following groups of people: Pure Index I, II viewers; Pure Index I, II viewers + Railgun S viewers; Index I, II viewers + manga readers; Index I, II viewers + LNs+Railgun S viewers. I say this because Railgun S will animate a lot of Index III characters for the first time. So the Railgun S added perspective makes it kind of unique/separate from the perspective of pure manga readers. I don't LN readers would mind the extra Railgun S perspective, but manga readers could. This includes a lt ton of separate threads, but it kind of feels like we should take into account all of the different situations. What do you guys think?

It is good to plan ahead after-all.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote