Thread: Headphones..
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 03:08   Link #58
Lenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Senn HD25 are shitty portable because they're fucking huge and not at all comfy. Sound quality is not the only metric here.

The small Dre Beats (the "Solo" ones) are actually very good and rather reasonably priced. They're a lot more durable than the big Beats.

Don't hate on something just cuz it has Dr. Dre's name slapped on it. The Beats Solo are extremely comfortable and are great portable/laptop/gaming headphones.

Jays c-Jays are also quite good but tend to be bass-light and need EQing on sources with bright sound (Cowon D2, most iDevices, most Android phones). They sound great on darker sources, though (Cowon S9/J3, Sony and Sandisk players).

My AT full-size cans are basically dead. They started buzzing really bad in both drivers and I opened the cups to see if there was hair caught inside. There isn't; it's worse--there's a tiny tear in each driver. Sigh. This had to have happened after they were stolen and before I recovered them.
I've heard all models of the beats line... they're nothing special and should only cost half the price they are charging.. if even that...
Headphones: AKG K701, Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 ohm), Audio Technica ATH-M-50, Shure SRH440, Sony MDR-V6, Sennheiser HD 598, Ultrasone PRO900, Beats Studio (purple) Audio Technica ONTO (pink)
Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote