Old 2011-08-19, 20:36   Link #53
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
You know what?

I find originality overrated.
And I think that you, and some others on this thread, are underrating it.

Would you want to never see something original, or truly different, ever again? Would you want to just watch nothing more than the same tired, old tropes for the rest of your life?

I know that I wouldn't. Which is why I support originality, and I don't think that it's overrated at all.

Edit: Looking over your anime favorites on your wall, two of the three your listed are Clannad: After Story and Time of Eve (I haven't seen the third, so I can't comment on that). I've seen both of them, and they're both pretty original, imo.

Clannad: After Story takes the VN romance narrative well beyond the point of consummation or the start of marriage, making it stand out in comparison to other VNs (or VN adaptations) that I'm aware of.

Time of Eve is a serious sci-fi story that addresses the issue of how the widespread existence and use of human-like server-robots would realistically play out in the real world. It subverts the common idea of "They'd turn against us" that we see in western fiction like The Terminator movies, and I. Robot. It's also one of the least pandering anime productions I've ever seen.

In any event, good taste. I share your love of these two, and in large part because they're very different from the norm, imo.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-08-19 at 20:51.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote