Thread: Ruko's Vectors~
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-25, 14:53   Link #17
Animeruko
BECAUSE its moe moe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
This one is pretty wicked. Really good work on both the outlines and color.
Thanks!

But really credit for the look goes to the original since its just a trace, I was going to use just strokes but i had time to kill that day so i made all the lines shapes.

Some things bug me though like making those white spots(highlights?) they look really strange and i don't want to use "blurr" since i don't really like it.. anime doesnt use blurr its usually just 2 colors on top of each other sometimes weird things happen from video compression artifacting that make it look like blurr though...

Something else ive noticed from doing these and looking at other vectors ... Anime styled art looks really bad as its resolution increases ... even if you compensate for increased resolutions it still looks pretty bad.. Maybe its the lack of more shades and details or maybe its just me... I don't know how to "Airbrush" work so i cant test it myself to see if that does actually look better at higher resolutions ..

But its something to think about as TV resolutions get higher and higher...

My next step is to actually move over to making 3D models of anime characters using Maya... but i'm a good bit away from being able to do things like that ...

Last edited by Animeruko; 2009-10-06 at 08:18.
Animeruko is offline   Reply With Quote