View Single Post
Old 2004-09-21, 09:26   Link #37
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
hmm In the anime atleast Itachi uses only the mangekyou against Sasuke, maybe that changes in the manga, I started reading at about chapter 200 and I never got around to reading the ones before that.
No Itachi used it against Kakashi and against Sasuke both in the past and the present.

The difference is that the manga never showed the eyes at this point but merely the sound effect of a change in Itachi's eyes whereas the anime team made the mistake to show them.

Quote:
So Tsukiyomi itself isn't what Itachi uses to hypnotize his victim, rather the Mangekyou Sharingan... which was the point I was trying to make...
Now if that's wrong then I do infact have to go check up on some back issues of the manga...
No, as the Sharingan doesn't hypnotize but allows to cast Genjutsu against the opponent.
Once again the Tsukiyomi is the Genjutsu, ie it's the illusion technique.
And the Mangekyou is the bloodline limit allowing to use such jutsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tautou
Kind of right, kind of wrong, depending on the point you're trying to make.

Tsukiyomi, which might not even be the correct spelling, is a jutsu that the Mangekyo Sharingan can perform. It's a jutsu the Mangekyo Sharingan has. They really aren't different things, per se.
They're completely different things, it's like to say that chakra and jutsu are the same thing because you need one to do the other.

You can use the Mangekyo Sharingan and do another jutsu than the Tsukiyomi, the Amaterasu for example or something else.

And it's the same thing for the Sharingan, Kakashi used his Sharingan to cast a Genjutsu against Zabuza, that doesn't mean that the Sharingan and the Genjutsu are the same thing, just that the Genjutsu can be used thanks to the Sharingan.

Quote:
And about the differences between the Mangekyo Sharingan in the manga and the Mangekyo Sharingan in the anime... The anime wasn't trying to get the point across that Tsukiyomi and the Mangekyo Sharingan are different things, it's simply an error made by the animation team. In the manga, the eyes weren't shown during the process of Tsukiyomi and Amaretsu or whatever (definitely incorrect spelling)
I know that thanks, it was even wrote in the post you quoted

I don't talk about what they shown, I talk about what Itachi said.
And it's precisely said that the Mangekyou Sharingan are the eyes, the true extent of the bloodline limit of the Uchiha whereas the Tsukiyomi is a special Genjutsu using these eyes.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote