View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 04:12   Link #315
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm actually surprised that so many people are enjoying Phantom Blood so much, since as aohige already said, it is by far the weakest part of the saga (pretty much an Hokuto no Ken rip-off with vampires with rather dated storytelling, but it's part of its charm). It makes me wonder just how much you will love what will come next. You guys haven't seen anything yet.

I really can't wait until we get to Battle Tendency, one of my favorite part. This is when Jojo truly came into its own.
My thoughts exactly. That being said I started following the manga series from the thrid arc and only later I recovered the previous volumes, so this is probably why reading the first pages of phantom blood made me wonder if I wasn't reading something else completely

Not only the story, as someone already said in this thread, is more like a GARified version of Candy Candy but even the art style is different.

At this point Araki didn't even have a clear idea about what to do with this story, and there is still a blatant emulation of "Hokuto no Ken" in male designs, which will slowly evolve in Araki's own peculiar style.

I always thought of Phantom Blood as an interesting read for those who already knew what JoJo is truly about, since you can see in it the seeds of what will become later, but they have yet to fully blossom.

It's really strange to see how it is already being appreciated this much, well I guess this means the anime studio is doing a good job.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote