View Single Post
Old 2010-07-25, 03:09   Link #14552
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
I like this idea quite a bit, but I'm not looking forwards to re-reading Episodes 1-4 to hunt through these fantasy scenes.
I'm making a friend do it for me instead.

Actually, I'm hoping to crystallize these and a few more theories first before I go back and re-read. And I probably need to do it fast since EP7 is coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Now it my turn to say that's not quite what I'm saying. What I'm trying to say is that regardless of whether you have love or not, magic is not a lie, as long as you realize what magic really is, dextrous and fanciful tricks. However it is also not a lie if you believe magical acts are magic. So while "without love, it cannot be seen," whether you see it or not, it's still the truth.
Come to think of it, am I the only one who feels that describes Erika's last moments?
As in the adage, some would prefer to die rather than admit their mistakes? Except in this case Erika would never admit to ... magic or something...

I'm thinking that magic requires something more though, an observer of that magic. And it's the operating on that observer by others which induces the magic. So for Beatrice, it's not that Maria has love and can 'see' the magic; it's that others have love for Maria and so they 'see' the magic. i.e. Keep their mouths shut.

Like at the Candy table, if George or Maria did the sleight of hand trick... then Jessica kept her mouth shut too.

Not that it's always the same person who keeps their mouth shut. I bet if you spread around the trickery then there's always some doubt created even if you did see one trick once.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote