View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 11:00   Link #146
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't know what you guys are talking about but the reason I say some events are contrived is not because they're too convenient but because they simply don't make sense whatsoever.

It doesn't make sense for Haru not to tell Taku about the letter beforehand.

Noumi's blackmailing plan has too many holes for it to actually work or make sense.

It doesn't make sense for Haru to just stop punching the crap out of Noumi for the sake of using his wings (And no there's no actual suggestion that he was overconfident).

And whilst it makes sense that Haru would feel so ashamed about losing his wings that he can't even bring himself to tell Taku about what happened, it's actually brought in rather suddenly because I never once thought he was overconfident about his wings beforehand. That's not to say there's no development this way whatsoever. When Haru actually lost wings and he was shocked we were given flashbacks showing how much he cared about them so I was actually thinking "Wow dude, that must suck. I feel for you". But the problem is that the degree to which they did it was never going to satisfy what we were going to see later. It was too little for me.