View Single Post
Old 2006-05-30, 16:11   Link #59
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Well I don't mean insane as in totally completely officially signed-by-a-psychiatrist insane, I mean she went irrational and insane.

"One moment?" That was, umm, how long ago before episode 49? Katejina became a Zanscare MS pilot like at least 10 episodes after she said she wanted to be a spy, that's plenty of time to change. But most of all, what makes you think she was being completely honest when she said she wanted to be a spy? Why couldn't she have just lied to get off the hook from Usso and Odelo. (the later had her at gunpoint at the time, btw, so she most certainly could have said that to get off the hook) Anyway, she gradually changed from a friend to an enemy as the episodes went by and she fell deeper for Chronicle. It was by no means a "from one moment to another" change. It happened over the course of 40 episodes, 4/5 of the series.

As for a more definitive explanation for why she went insane in 49, Angel Halo obviously had some kind of influence on her, as to what exactly I don't know, but it obviously did.
Exactly, why would she change her mind so quickly. There wasn't enough interaction between Katejina and Chronicle, he gives her orders she carries them out, there was rarely any thing personal, (thats on screen at least). Nor was there any explanation on why she wanted to be a pilot, she was a pacificst from the start, then went on a killing spree and later insane, and I doubt the angle halo had anything to do with her going insane, she was that way even before the test firing of the halo. Bottom line, her character is way undeveloped if not forced, from serving coffee to killind Odelo with no apprent reason.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote