Thread: Licensed Usagi Drop
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 13:30   Link #641
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yukari seems pretty practical and she's been burned before. Its obvious this has become a mild "extended family" with two single parents raising kids but I could see it being a couple of years before Yukari might express an interest verbally (outside of all those glances she gives him when he's not looking).

My first son's initial sickness was right out of the hospital. We brought #1 son home. Things seemed well... and he slept so well. In fact, he slept a lot... too much. Turns out he had jaundice (difficult to spot when one's skin is already tinted) and went back in the hospital for a few days to bask in special plant lights to trigger his liver functions. We beat ourselves up for not spotting it of course.

The first mild sickness was colic and some sensitivity to the first supplemental formula we tried. Usually laying on dad seemed to help but one night he'd finished a bottle and I was rocking him. He proceeded to completely empty his stomach out his mouth in one blorp like an angry squid. Completely covered in blorp, I calmly stood up with him, walked into the shower full clothed and we just stood there for 20 minutes under the hot water while I mentally went to my happy place.

He seemed to have a complete lack of awareness of his stomach condition in early childhood. "I fine.... I fine.... no, I fine! <blargh>."

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-09-13 at 16:01.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote