View Single Post
Old 2012-01-21, 23:42   Link #201
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished Gosick, and if i have to describe my grade of appreciation in function of the time, here it goes:

I basically loved the whole show as long as it remained light with some investigation and action here and there. I started to dislike it when it began bringing back II World War times, and all those depressing history facts that i find boring. Even tho the ending was happy, i just disliked it: why the fuck Victorique's hair turn gray? Wtf, pooped pants? Also, what is wrong with Avril getting lost in some isle? Nice way to get rid of other characters eh. Also very funny how Vic didn't grow one fucking centimeter after 5 years. Really interesting.

Moreover, i have some questions that remained unsolved:

Spoiler for might spoil ending:

I would have liked not to have watched the last 4 episodes. My opinion just began dropping after 18-19 episodes, to totally go underground with the ending. I was really so happy about this anime the whole time that i was expecting an awesome development near the end, like any other anime (not named school days), and instead i get the feeling of those ancient movies about lovers being separated from war and writing each other, while keeping memory of each other and getting back together in the end. I found that part really depressing. I'll split my vote in two:
Episodes 1-19: 9.5
Episodes 20-24: 4
Thank you really much for suggesting me this title, because i really loved it: the detective element was bearable, even tho i'm not a fan of it, and i liked the romance developing (I have to say that Kujo disturbed me much when he insisted about friendship: fuck it man, it's love). It had a nice plot that didn't evolve the way i thought tho. Also, i like very much the period from 80's to 90's, and i liked the whole atmosphere. Didn't like the war part.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote