View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 06:52   Link #6376
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What makes a themed cafe successful (ex: anime)? Is it the menu?
It is how you market it. To quote from a man many people here may not like, Donald Trump has said that running a restaurant is a very difficult business - I agree with him.

To start off, you need to have a target market. It is best to start with a niche, probably a kind of people you are familiar with and can click with easily. Secondly, how are you going to make your eatery unique to the masses? Food? Environment?

And if it is a maid cafe, what kind of style would your girls have? Is it a tsundere maid cafe? A horror yandere maid cafe?* Or a loli maid cafe set up in a developing country with no child labour laws? Maybe a trap maid cafe?

The pricing of the food is a concern. With rising commodity prices and a forthcoming unstable economy, your customers would probably look for food more often more than the maids.

There are many other issues which I can go on and on about running a food place. Start with a hard plan and theme, and post your question here again or PM me.

* - I actually like the idea of that! Having a cafe maid to stalk you and encourage you to come patronise her workplace......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote