View Single Post
Old 2013-06-27, 03:41   Link #7934
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
and your right about this Miri thing, she is a pointless minor character why do i even have to explain that
You tell me, you're the one that's making a big deal over her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Amuro was extremely key to the plot
If Amuro is important, it's only because he's written that way.
Quote:
But before I get to that his inclusion was not due to the "fans" as MSG at that point was NOT as popular or known as it is today, same goes for the characters
Uh, I'm pretty sure MSG was relatively more popular at the time than SEED was in 2004.

By the time Zeta came around, there were already the movie compilations and the reruns which had high ratings, correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote:
Amuro was included because:

-Did the thing that all older characters do: Add continuity to the story
-Character interactions: Especially with Char (debating their past while also debating over Kamille's future) and Kamille (as a mentor)
-He saved the cast so many times, especially when the rammed the...eh I the name is escaping me....that yellow and green round MA that flies and transforms....when it was about to kill everyone aboard the....goddammit the names keep escaping me...the orange transport ship which started with an "A"
-Allowed key AEUG characters to get back to space halfway(?) through the plot after the Jaburo operation and the following events
-Big ass moral boost to AEUG/Karaba
-MS force leader who served through the entire Gryps war on Earth (not sure about the followup Neo Zeon war though)
-This is not confirmed by me but I read somewhere theres some stuff about him in a Zeta Plus and his exploits during the war (feel free to correct me)
All what you posted had to be written. It wasn't as if they had to be that way. And the continuity is already served with other MSG characters already in Zeta.
Quote:
I would also like to note that there was NOBODY at this point in UC who could match Amuro's reputation/fame and piloting skills other than Char (who was already in the AEUG). So saying "someone else could have done what he did"
Amuro's reputation is irrelevant. He was a regular soldier by the time Zeta came around, so it's not like the plot demanded that he showed. And in fact, he only appeared for a while, if my memory is correct, before disappearing again until CCA.

By the way, I'm not against Amuro being in Zeta.

I just find it silly that someone would raise issue with a relatively minor character like Miriallia being included in Destiny.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote