View Single Post
Old 2013-04-09, 13:28   Link #2966
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I don't see how the whole "Vivio is weaker than Olivie" is a circular debate. It's rather simple. Remember, what did Olivie have?
  • The Kaiser Armor, the toughest protection magic we know of to date. Extremely tough defense.
  • Mechanical arms. Rule of cyborgs says these are stronger than normal arms by default, so they would be even stronger with magic. Strong attacks.
What does Vivio no longer have?
  • No more Kaiser Armor, lost in the Cradle. Low defense.
  • Natural arms. Limited to her natural arms, which Olivie never had. Lower attack.
See? It's simple. No Kaiser Armor + no cyborg arms = lower defense and attack. Yes, it's retcon as hell and, in my honest opinion, just a lazy way to give Vivio a "getting stronger" story, but it does make sense.
But that is why it can be a circular argument. To you it ends there, to me it doesn’t. Not just for the silly retcon, but because the way this has been handle regarding Vivio. Now, with this idea we are making that StrikerS and ViVid have little but important differences regarding Vivio herself. For example Jail cloned Vivio with the Fate Project technology and it was mention Vivio was the first and only success of the project to bring someone back from the dead. Then Einhart mentions how Vivio is nothing like Olive. The Saint Kaiser was a figure of legend and power, but now she was given tools to bust her power so she could fight because she was born with a disadvantage or had an accident.

You see I can’t just buy this crap, because is crap. Instead of playing with what they have they from this weird idea and even worse approach to the entire Ancient Belka thing. Ok, that is my personal interpretation of the facts, but it is still something I see as not good. The circular argument starts when what I think is being question because it seems like it can’t be more than one way of interpretation of the facts. There is when I don’t settle down.