View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 12:58   Link #22
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho87 View Post
She's the feisty, oversexxed, token main female seen in every popular manga. Just as generic and boring as Natsu. Rips off Nami, Bulma and Sakura.

She's supposed to be the main lead.
I'd argue Erza is more oversexed; playboy bunny outfit anyone? But even then, compared to other series I've seen, Fairy Tail is far from oversexed. Once you get around for awhile, you'll see that Fairy Tail is very tame in that regard. There is occasional fanservice, but it's isolated and doesn't overtake the plot.

And believe me, I generally hate fanservice and have nitpicked where it's popped up before.

Still, I'll agree that I'd like to see her upfront more and doing stuff, having multiple serious fights rather than just one an arc. She is one of the main female leads after all. But it's not too bad, so this is only a nitpick.

However, I'd take issue that she rips off Nami and Bulma; the latter two never fought. In shounen series, it's mainly the guys fighting, so it's a large reason why I like Fairy Tail, because the girl's can kick as much ass; Erza especially. And Lucy is being foreshadowed as being just as strong once she reaches her full potential.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote