View Single Post
Old 2017-07-25, 06:44   Link #799
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I don't have many issues in the Kongo because it has better speed and maneuverability than the other T5 BBs, but I would not want to be in a Konig or New York/Texas in the same T7 match. Kongo can be a decent second-line support BB, but the others are too slow to keep up with the higher-tier BBs and cruisers, and tend to get isolated and picked off alone by DDs or CVs.

And at least the MM isn't as bad as WoT because tier differences don't necessarily mean an instant-faceroll. As long as you know how to angle properly and not show broadside to half the enemy team like so many BB drivers love to do, the difference in tier doesn't matter as much. Stick with your team (yes, even if it means SLOWING DOWN... I know people love just going full speed 100% of the time) and support the higher-tier BBs.
I actually found the NY and Texas to be absolute beasts, NY has more range (NY 18km, Texas 16.5km, without plotting room), the Konig was a struggle because it had 16.5km also but doesn't get access to plotting room and along with it's weak but accurate guns made for some extremely frustrating games. The Konig is a classic school yard bully, when top tier she is great but bottom tier she is a struggle. Kongo was fun like always and consistent but I found 15"/16" guns hurt her allot more than the other BBs and it became clear early on she is the softest armored ship and needs all the HP she can get.

I finished my 10 games in each ship last night and I'm going to start writing tonight, I will say I feel sorry for new players first getting to tier 5, WG really screwed then with the new MM
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote