View Single Post
Old 2012-02-28, 10:15   Link #181
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That's why I said this part was iffy, but to this part I would answer basically the same thing as Kanon did above - we know that desk shortage at start of a year is an indication that Another is around and things are about to go south, but we can't be sure whether the shortage itself is the cause or a symptom.
I don't think I made myself clear,it being the cause or symptom isn't what interests me when I bring up the desk shortage.

I just want to leave this year's situation out of it because Kouichi being a transfer student opens up a whole new can of worms (see the past few pages of this thread),I just want to say why I think all of the past Anothers were students

If you're a desk short it's either because:

A) A student that wasn't supposed to be there was added to the class,so now they're a desk short.That extra person appeared in the class , if it had appeared somewhere else,they wouldn't be a desk short since there wouldn't be an extra student.
So you can conclude that the Another is a student.

B) They're a desk short because a desk somehow vanished.But I just don't see the logic that,it works if the Another is not in the class,but if one year the Another is a student then they'd be 2 desk short (the extra student + the desk that vanished) we've never heard of that happening before.

Option A) makes a whole lot more sense to me than option B)

As for the conversation in the librarian,him making a general statement like "then at the end of the year when the deceased disapears the records revert to their original state" made think he had seen it more than once but I guess that could be him jumping to conclusions based on one case.