View Single Post
Old 2009-03-04, 16:29   Link #20
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wait, before I start watching it, can anyone give me a general synopsis of the storyline? The wiki article is really awful, and doesn't give any kind of plot summary whatsoever, which is kind of unusual.

I'm interested since I haven't heard of it before, but it's obviously good enough to get its own subforum.
Orbital Era 311, a time where humans have left the planet to let it recover from the damages humans have done to it and moved into colonies orbiting around the planet.

People enjoy a life of high technology and the vacuum of space is just a daily path to your school.

Humans have created a race of 'Navi people' basically little navigational robots to help them in their daily transport needs and humans themselves seem to have developed special senses or abilities called 'QT', which allows them to tape into Quantum related abilities and control 'QT-ARMS' just by their mind alone.

One day Akiha and her best friend Imo-chan, a navi were out in space when a colony warped out infront of them. Her boring life will start to change from then on as she slowly finds out why she's the 'Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo', The Girl Who Leapt Through Space.

EDIT: The show is mainly targeted at mecha fans, especially Sunrise mecha and has lots of puns and parodies of their own series. Its a wild entertaining ride of a whole lot of wacky stuff. It also has really pleasant and tasteful fanservice and nothing crude. A whole cast of colourful characters that anyone would definitely find some that they really like.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote