View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 17:35   Link #2192
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, I catch up with this anime since it’s been mentioned a lot. I watched until 6th episode and......I was put off by the character design of the MC. It’s not because he’s a fat guy mind you, but how his character is drawn. You see, I don’t have a problem seeing a fat guy being in the spotlight. One proof of this being I like that obese character in Paprika who got the girl. Still, for this anime, I think the MC’s design is too exaggerated (extremely round and short) compared to other characters in this series. It’s like seeing Doraemon in the Haruhi anime (and I do like Doraemon). Thus, any kind of emotional feelings involving him does not translate well (if not at all) to me because he’s so “out of this world” in the context of this anime. This kind of drawing works as a side character (like in Gundam AGE for example), but using it on an MC is really off-putting for me. I don’t know if I can continue watching this.

Sorry, I know that this reaction is far too late in the game. I also apologize if my comments above somehow offends anyone. I really didn’t mean to .

@OPN
Sorry, I haven't seen OP2 & ED2 yet, but I do like ED1. The OP1 just hurt my ears unfortunately (it's a pretty random song).