View Single Post
Old 2006-02-26, 14:13   Link #71
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
I agree with Shigan though about the animation quality (I was ranting to a few people about this the other day) and how odd Midori looked. I think the words I used were "Midori looks like she was on Weight Watchers." And the animation vacillated wildly with Arika. Wah! And there was some Picasso-esque cubist thing going on that I really just couldn't get past.
I didn't really see anything strange with Midori this episode (though, maybe I just didn't notice, I should probably go back and watch it again). But right before the ShizTom scene, Tomoe's face morphed pretty painfully while she was contemplating kissing Shizuru. It was like they couldn't decide what expression to give her, so they gave her a different one every frame. And straight after that, the close up of Shizuru's face was also pretty poor. Come to think of it, every single close up of Shizuru in all of Mai Otome has looked strange. Unfortunate, too, because it was distracting from a really good scene.

And... why exactly did the scene between Shizuru and Tomoe cause such an outcry from ShizNat shippers? You guys know its going to come back to either (a) Tomoe doing something tragically horrible to either Shizuru or Natsuki, and the other going crazy for vengence... or (b) Natsuki coming in and rescuing Shizuru, and happy yuri love abound. I'm hoping for b myself, but any angle they take with it has lots of potential. You don't seriously think that ShizNat is in danger, right? Let Tomoe have her fun while she's alive.