View Single Post
Old 2007-03-02, 21:19   Link #36
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I bring good news... well, kind of. At least, I think it is good news. Okay, okay. I won't drag it anymore.

According to the TV ratings for all the series that have aired between Feb 19 - Feb 25, episode 3 for Shippuuden didn't make the top 10 list for TV shows. Remember, that Shippuuden 1-2 made the 6th place with a 8.0 viewer rating, so not making an appearance in the top 10 chart is an alarming aspect if one is the producer of Naruto. If episode 4 doesn't make the top 10 either, then it might jarr a few decision maker to try to improve the rating. And how do you improve rating? Why, by airing stuff that will appeal to an wider range of audience, and not just those brain-dead kiddies who like shiny things.

Here is to hoping episode 4 won't make the top 10 either in the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I think Naruto will forever etch itself into my mind as the "what could have been" anime. I haven't seen any other anime (and I've seen quite a few) that's momentarily awsome but average at best the rest of the time. (And I'm not even taking the filler arcs into consideration.) The awsome points are, excuse me for being subjective, all from when they follow the manga by the panel. I was very pleased to hear about the extremely long filler arcs, because I thought it meant they were gonna keep their hands off the manga material for once. I was obviously wrong...
I so want to gloat at the moment by pointing out my various posts in various threads where I refered to the animators as dirty and conniving trickster and other relatively appropriate adjective, but I won't do it. You know why? Because the manga-readers such as yourself are hurting enough already without adding salt on their wounds. *monir points to Zek's post.

This is indeed a "what could have been" anime as evident from those momentary flashes of brilliance showed in one of those episodes that are few and far in between.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote