View Single Post
Old 2009-03-05, 16:48   Link #1
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Your most memorable final boss fights? - Potential Spoilers -

I'm sure most of us here have beaten a lot of games over the years and we've had to deal with our fair share of average to disappointing final boss fights where once we win we go "That's it? That was boring!" but there's always those occasions where we have awesome final boss fights where not only is the stage,presentation and setting for are dramatic and cool, but the theme that plays as you start also adds to the intensity and gets you pumped up.

This topic is to discuss any Final Boss fight moments that made you go "Wow that was awesome."

I'll start off with the moments I remember at the top of my head.

Zelda 64 for the Nintendo 64: As you gaze at the remains of the castle where your final battle took place, you stand proud of that the fact that You did it you won. You defeated Gannondorf, Saved all the sages,rescued the princess now all that's left is for you to go back to your own time.

But before Zelda can arrange that you hear something shake under the rubble, you leave the Princess to investigate and to your surprise Gannondolf pops out of the rubble looking beat up but not defeated. You stand ready to fight once more but he begins to transform to his Ganon form, traps you and him in a circle of flames separating you from Zelda, and knocks away your master sword making it land right next to Zelda.

You then stand seemingly defenseless before this very large creature as Zelda watches and prays from afar, as your fairy comrade stands prepared to fight by your side saying "He won't block me out, this time we fight together!" you stand ready for the final battle.

Now this was my first final boss fight that I thought was cool, not only did I think the music and setting was appropriate for the situation, I remember I used to play around with him a bit and I remembered how awesome I thought it was that with each hit you take from Ganon you go flying and in the back you can hear Zelda Scream in terror with each hit you take.

My Second one was Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation 1: It's down to you and Liquid high up on top of the now disabled Metal Gear, he's armed a bomb set to blow in 10 minutes next to the body of the girl you were meant to rescue, to make matters worse the place is scheduled to be bombed soon so you're even more pressed for time. You have no weapons or rations it's just you and him in a pure hand to hand combat battle that you must win within 10 minutes or it's game over.

Right when Liquid says "Have at you Snake!" And Snake instantly puts up his fists and the music kicked in that's when I knew I was in for a cool fight. At that time I was quite young and still a bit inexperienced with that type of game back then. So Liquid was really doing a number on me for the first 4 minutes but once I figured out his pattern I started to whip on him a bit, but once he was almost beaten he started to get harder and the clock was down to 2 minutes left.

I started to panic and became more aggressive and his life bar was almost completely drained but at that point I only at 40 seconds left, plus he was trying to back away from me, and Liquids mocking statement "You're out of time!" was starting to annoy me, but by some miracle I managed to punch him off the edge with 12 seconds left on the clock.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment

Last edited by DingoEnderZOE2; 2009-03-05 at 17:00.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote