View Single Post
Old 2010-01-30, 16:59   Link #921
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
[...]
So yes, a Dragonkin would SEEM unstoppable, but I suspect with the building of massive fortifications, heavy artillery, the heavy use of crossbows, and perhaps even flaming grenades, they'd eventually be brought down. They may be monsters, but clearly, if superhuman girls with big swords like the Ghosts can kill Awakened Number 2s like Agatha, then it should be possible to bring down a Dragonkin by ordinary soldiers. Just expect a ton of casualties in the process though...

Think about it this way, does anyone really think Agatha could stop a poisoned ballista bolt fired at high speed at her? Make it big and fast enough, and no matter what she does it'll smash through her defenses. In Rabona's case, the issue is they're throwing spears when they should be firing crossbow bolts and ballistas at her.
I kind of understand your point about the grenades and the ballistae, but don't forget the regenerative powers of those ABs. Isley regenerated his whole stomach, cut by Helen, and I absolutely object your point of using these weapons to actually hit(!) someone this fast. Do you still remember how fast Clare was after awakening her legs during her attempt to save Miria from being killed by Rigardo?
Yes, he did lose sight of her, but a being able to move that fast doesn't need to pay any attention to slow reloading weapons like crossbows or ballistae.
A ton of casualties? More like half of the army and then it will just regenerate, because there are so many bodies ripe for eviscerating and eating a happy menu of guts, guts and a lot more guts.

And my last but not least point , don't forget why the Claymores use Claymores. The only weapon hard enough to penetrate the skin of such hardy foes. You can make a rod strong, fast and big, but it would be stationary. Making it easily evadable and a large icon like an exclamation mark saying: "Please attack our weapon here, o mighty adversary. It is our only chance against you."
We are still speaking about the time span of bringing the Dragonkins out and before the enemy could react, or aren't we?