View Single Post
Old 2006-07-17, 23:13   Link #56
marclemagne
~ ~

I enjoyed the first episode a lot, even despite the over-the-top sentimentality of it. I also agree that it seemed like they were trying too hard to make it so emotional, and at some points it was definitely pretty sappy and cheesy. But yeah, I did get a little choked up a few times, and overall it was a cute and touching story.

I thought the voice acting was excellent, and I thought the art was very nice, too. I really liked the muted colors that were used.

Although I'm not quite sure what ashefatal is talking about, I agree.

What type of symbolic references can be attributed to torii gates in Japanese literature/movies/animation? In addition, I guess, to the religious Shinto aspects. Do they hold any other type of meaning--in other words, would the appearance of one in this first episode have any meaning other than the fact that they're at a festival near a temple? Someone mentioned it already but this show reminds me of Kami Chu! a bit so far, and that show featured torii gates a lot--but at the same time, that show had more of a direct Shinto inspiration.

"If love can kill then surely hatred can save."
-Altena; Noir
marclemagne is offline   Reply With Quote