View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 15:59   Link #4930
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The mobile suits look good, but the fight choreography, while still good, isn't anything special for a SEED/Destiny battle. Of course, much of that has to do with the length.
The problem with SEED/DESTINY choreography was that there was too much stock footage being repeated over and over again. If there was more original footage, I don't think DESTINY would have been as hated.

If the animation quality of Gundam Unicorn or even Gundam 00 was used to remake SEED/ Destiny and without stock footage, I honestly believe it would give rise to some of the best action ever.

The best action scenes from SEED were when the fluidity of the pilots' piloting was shown. They could transition from dodging to attacking extremely quickly and continue the momentum. The video exemplified that in how the Impulse and Freedom moved.

Although some may dislike it but I really like the acrobatic maneuvers of the Freedoms and was disappointed when they merely repeatedly used stock footage instead or not even show those maneuvers like in the show's version of the Freedom vs Impulse fight.

Where was Kira's beam dodging? He was able to dodge DRAGOONs with over 40 beam nozzles but he can't dodge a beam rifle or even a rocketing upper piece of the impulse?

DESTINY needs a remake, getting rid of all the stock footage. I'm sure that if all the stock footage was replaced and some parts of the story clarified, then people will actually stop hating it and like it more.

But unfortunately, most of DESTINY is stock footage.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote