Thread: Licensed Kara No Kyokai
View Single Post
Old 2009-02-13, 02:57   Link #1062
kujoe
from head to heel

Man, late to the party as usual. But hey, I enjoyed the ride! The 5th movie is definitely the best so far, at least for me.

As usual the non-linear mode of storytelling confused the hell out of me at first, but it also makes the plot more engaging and immersive, prompting the viewer to follow the events even more closely. Nasu's particular brand of the occult comes off nicely too, especially during displays of magic and whatnot from time to time.

And it lasted for two, freaking hours—two hours of solid entertainment and WTH-just-happened—which honestly felt like three or so for me. I was actually thinking to myself, "They'll probably have to put up a cliffhanger at this point... am I right?" Of course, no such thing, and I was glad for that.

Just wondering...

Spoiler:

Actually, I also have a question for the novel readers. Is ufotable planning to simply follow the original material, or are they planning to add an extra chapter? I might have misread something, so I'm not sure if I got this right, but if I'm not mistaken there's actually some unreleased material from the author that will make it into the KnK movies?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote