View Single Post
Old 2010-01-03, 22:45   Link #148
NobeyamaGP

I've been experimenting with the git repo of mplayer mentioned here and after sorting out some issue getting it to compile properly, I ran into some glaring issues with playback.

First of all, this version *does* load ordered chapters as needed. However, the sub timing and A/V sync are completely off.

In the episode I tested (Underwater's version of the DVD version of Strike Witches episode 1), there is an introduction followed by the opening then the episode begins (the same file as the introduction). The introduction has perfect A/V sync and the subs show up right on time. When the OP begins and it switches to the OP file, it seems that the first second or so is cut from the video but the audio starts from the beginning, putting the audio behind the video. The audio then cuts out before it ends when the end of the OP video is reached and mplayer loads the episode again. Also, right before the end of the OP, the first line of subs arrive and the video cuts back to the episode as soon as the second line of subs appears. The same A/V sync and sub timing issues appear all over again with the return to the first episode's file. I also tested this on the THORA release of Bakemonogatari and the exact same things happened.

This occurs with XV as well as vdpau and happens with both smplayer and the mplayer command line.

I am running an up to date 64bit version of Arch Linux.

Has anyone else seen these problems? Unless I can get these fixed I'll be using vanilla mplayer and just continue to do without ordered chapters...