View Single Post
Old 2010-07-07, 05:38   Link #13228
Verg Avesta
Endless Turnless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
It seems like the whole thing about Akujikishima has been forgotten after EP2... Does it have any relevance to the plot except for the spirit mirror anymore? There's the theory about ghosts, but I don't like them randomly appearing to people and talking to them. The medium theory is around the border of acceptable for me, though.
Well, a while ago I actually theorized that when Rokkenjima was known as Akujikishima, it was actually rich with volcanic gases spewing from underground and killing all the sailors who went there. And that the shrine was built to shut the biggest "leak" by the wandering priest, so the island became hapitable again. Dunno how realistic that is, though. However, other than that, there hasn't been lot about Akujikishima itself.

Though I must say, there's got to be something else in destroying the shrine rather than it being symbolic. Symbolic is fine and all, but it is not going to help any of the culprits, whether it's the epitaph party or the true killer party. However, there haven't been that many hints concerning the shrine or the spirit mirror in the games.