View Single Post
Old 2018-04-21, 10:42   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Yeah, the OP sounds really different from the previous shows. Kind of a different feel to my ears.
I know right? I'm not liking the OP song, but the visual is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And those CG sequences for the car chase were atrocious. I can deal with it looking not quite 100% integrated with 2D but the chase scene almost reached the level of some of the first season CGI by GONZO. Thankfully not as bad as those

It's a shame cause the cars themselves were actually decently shaded but the entire backgrounds just looked like an old PS2 cutscene. And not even the good ones, the average to bad ones. Very disappointing coming from the studio who handled the Yamato remakes.
It's too bad too since the chase itself is fast and dynamic with decent camera angles. But somebody forgot to shade the environment or the money and the time were simply unavailable so they decided to sacrifice that scene to accommodate other more-important scenes. Xebec, as far as my experience with them, is known for making the most out of what they have when it comes to mecha anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Kudos to the animators for putting in the effort to make sure the characters look and move the same since KyoAni definitely set the bar high in TSR.
The handdrawn animation in this episode itself is ranging from good to great aside from that still-frame when Arbalest shot the Amalgam agents with the vulcans.