Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Free!
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-29, 14:17   Link #1474
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't really get the criticism that they didn't focus enough on the swimming aspect of it.

I mean, at least they did bring up some of the different styles of swimming (backstroke, butterfly, free, etc...). They talked about the importance of the initial dive, having a good entrance, having a good turn/kickoff.

No disrespect to people who follow the Michael Phelps of the world, but its swimming, how complicated can it be?

I mean, with something like baseball, there's all sorts of strategy in that (sacrifice bunt, hit for average, swing for the fences? play conservative or try to steal bases? intentionally walk this good hitter or try to strike him out? do I bring in a designated hitter now? is it time to switch pitchers? etc...).

But with swimming, I don't see where you can get all that complex with it.

Exactly!

Besides the whole finale was the club trying to get into some relay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Honestly, if it the characters were girls, I probably would have hated it even more. It's bad enough that there are shows like Ro-Kyu-Bu! out there (Another sports show that's not really about the sport).
What's your thoughts on Kuroko's Basketball?

I've never seen it myself. So I"m generally curious.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-09-29 at 22:05. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote