View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 22:22   Link #114
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The highlight of this penultimate episode came either when I didn't know what would be Yakomaru's next move, or Saki + Satoru running alone in the dark with the dreaded feeling of the fiend closing in on them.

It hasn't been easy to quell within me the conflict between two different worldviews.
Some people, like me, fall into the trap that if any being possess intelligence and reasoning on par with the human species, then sooner or later their nature will evolve to a similar way like ours.

Of course, the Bakenezumi had to put with every humiliating concession and work at pain of death or annihilation from the humans, and once they found a window opened for growth they took it and maxed it out to the fullest for the benefit of their species.

When it comes to ensuring survival and prosperity of one's own species against another oppressing one, the most passionate members of the kin already rush right into the battlefield without giving too much thought about the cost, the implications, the sacrifices, and the consequences.
However, fair-minded members of the race will stop to try to think about it, if there's a tiny speck of a ground for rationality.

However, if we must accept that life is war the moment one's own existence is conceived, then one must everything within the scope of his or her own skills and attitude to keep himself or herself in constant change as the world continues to change.

I cannot say for certain that there are winners and losers but is just that both species intend to keep themselves alive for survival with the goal of annihilating the other, so their species may survive.

If what Shun's living memory within Saki encouraged her to think about the fiend, then the conclusion to me is clear that she must make him realize and understand that he's just the same member of their species just like them are to him. This could likely foil Yakomaru's plan and, perhaps, bring him to his grave.

Now, I'm just waiting for the last episode.