View Single Post
Old 2008-08-06, 20:02   Link #12
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wish the new Dumbledore has learned how to play at his age's level. Richard Harris, the initial Dumbledore was the perfect match for the character, from the 1st book, till the last. And, not to look like the first actor to play that character, Michael Gambon just crashed that version, and the version that made up the original character in the book. I wonder if he is aware of such wildness in the character he created. This version is like the Dumbledore that appears in front of Snape behind the door, which is to say not the real Dumbledore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
This one looks pretty good and I'll probably enjoy it greatly, just like I did the others. I really want to see the duel. ^^
Did you really enjoy the last one? It was a painful experience for me, and I cannot understand how can it be enjoyed even if you haven't read the book. There was almost no-stop in the movie, something is happening one moment, the next moment, another thing. And the worst part is, the connection between those parts were omitted as much as possible.

Quote:
It's not really fair to compare the book to the movies as far as sub plots go. They do at least try to get some of it in, but there are really too many time constraints with fitting everything into two and a half hours (the last book is so large they have to make two movies, that should be an indicator). Honestly I think they do a pretty decent job of making sure everything major is covered, it really could be much worse.
I think trying to fit in 2.5 hours is a big mistake. The 5th book, even though the longest one in the series, had dealed with a lot of emotional aspects, and for me, it was one of the best books. And, the movie ignored those parts. I found another example, it is like how the animes are summarized in blogs, captioning some pictures and writing summaries below it. That was exactly what happened in the movie (missing the tension and emotional density), and unfortunately for us, the software that was captioning the scenes had a bug that would let it skip scenes regularly.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote