View Single Post
Old 2012-05-13, 21:59   Link #1004
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I know it was a post from another thread, but Sunrise pretty regularly cracks the 20K+ barrier in BD/DVD sales. Practically every other season it feels of late, but then they're enormously huge and have access to what might as well be an unlimited source of capital and advertising venues compared to other studios so it's not exactly surprising. I think achieved it simultaneously with Gundam 00 and Code Geass as well. If not that then Gintama and Horizon or Tiger and Bunny. It's definitely happened at some point recently though. In any case it's definitely not a phenomenon unique to Kyoani by any stretch.

As for expansion talk, why Kyoani doesn't expand it's operation already though is beyond me. They don't need to have like 8 different studio buildings like Sunrise or whatever, but they can at least follow their example and maybe divide themselves up into distinct teams to try and hone their craft and generate ideas in more focused groups AND maybe have some more diversity in the types of shows they produce as a result if they ever start thinking about trying to branch out more from the hardcore moe crowd. They could also consider going public or perhaps seeking a merger with Kadokawa since it almost seems like they work with them already.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-05-13 at 22:19.